Friday 15 March 2013

Sharing Secrets II.: Searching for free patterns

    Whenever I need new ideas or patterns, the first thing I do is to search online for inspiration. Usually I do google image search with keywords like "bikini crochet pattern" or whatever I'm looking for at the moment. Sometimes this search is not really fruitful, then I use my little secret weapon.

I search in Chinese.

   It's still not always successful, but the Chinese web is huge, so there's a good chance to find very different things than what the English search brings you.
For your convenience, I'm sharing a few phrases here, you can copy-paste them into your google search. 

Crochet:   钩针编织
Knit:        编织
Pattern:    样式
Hat:         帽子
Top:        上衣
Bikini:    比基尼
Dress:     穿衣

If there are any other words or phrases you'd like to search for, leave a comment!
Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment