Friday 15 March 2013

Experimental piece

     I have always wanted to make swimsuits! I just think that they are one of the most delicate and beautiful wearable items you can create with crochet. Also, it's quite challenging, as it needs to fit very well. I've been searching online for patterns, and I found surprisingly few. I did find pictures of finished swimsuits, mostly for sale, some of them were really beautiful. Sadly, the patterns I found turned out to be rather useless, as some were unclear, and others had weird proportions. I spent three days to make one of them, which came out as something that fits my wide hips well, but then the top part hardly reaches over my belly button, make it impossible to wear. It's like the top and the bottom part was designed for very different sizes.

     After that, I decided to make my own. I used some parts of other patterns, and made up the rest by myself. I think it's not a bad one for a first attempt. I did have to go back and change things quite a bit though, so although it's not a big piece, but it took a lot of work. I'm proud of it, and I already have some ideas about improving things for the next one. Because there will be a next one, I'm pretty sure!
What do you think about this one?

sexy orange crochet swimsuit, monokini
More pictures and details here.

No comments:

Post a Comment