Monday 4 March 2013

Recycling

     I'm still in the process to go through that big stash of yarn I was given from an old basement. It's been a big task, as it fills two large trash bags. I had to go through them skein by skein as I realized that some of the wool yarn were infested by moths, so I had to throw those away and carefully inspect the rest.

     Luckily, the stash consist of mostly synthetic fibers, which were unaffected by moths. Although, deciding the fiber was also an issue as most of the yarn came without any labels, so I spent a few hours in the backyard with a lighter, taking small samples of each skein and burn them to see what they're made of. I've found this helpful chart online that helps figuring out your yarn.

    So after inspecting and categorizing, now I'm ready to finally use the yarn. The cold weather gave me inspiration, and I decided to make a hooded scarf, because I think hooded scarfs are cool. I selected chocolate-colored yarns to create this piece, and as I watched the stripes building up, I nicknamed it tiramisu. The pattern is really easy, this is project that could be great for beginners, as it would be really difficult to not succeed.

Do you like hooded scarfs?
crochet hooded scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment