Monday 4 March 2013

Bamboo crochet!

     The local yarn store is a dangerous place. Every time I go there I get tempted to buy things that I didn't plan on, it's just the beautiful bright colors and the fine textures that I can't resist. So more often than not, I end up buying yarn without having any idea how to use it. 

     Same thing happened when I bought this yarn. I just fell in love with the rich golden color first, then I noticed the unusual shape of the yarn, it's actually a tape yarn. Then, to complete the magic spell, I touched it, and I knew I was lost. Soft, non-fuzzy smooth texture with a little stretch in it...just perfect for any crochet ideas I might have! Except that I didn't have any at the time, still I bought a skein just because I couldn't resist. Then I checked the label and was absolutely surprised to see that this yarn was made of bamboo! I love bamboos anyway, but now I have another reason to like them.

     I finally decided to make it into a shawl/scarf, something that can be worn as an everyday accessory but also can be a nice addition to dance wear. I tried different patterns, until I found a beautiful square pattern, once again I'm grateful for my Japanese pattern books! I also ended up going back to the yarn store as I needed some more yarn to finish this project, and as usual came home with more than I planned on so I had to start thinking how to use the newly bought yarn.... this is like a vicious circle for me. Well, it's not that vicious I guess.

golden crocheted lace shawl

golden crocheted shawl

golden crochet shawl

More pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment