Tuesday 15 March 2016

My take on the Sidewalk Shawl

I wanted to make someone for my mom, something big and warm with orange-ish colors. First I found the yarn in the local store, a beautiful color from Malabrigo called volcan. Very soft alpaca yarn in amazing shades, it was really not easy to choose, I was also very tempted by the deep red and the bright purple versions, but since it was for my mom, it was clear that the winner will be the one with the oranges and browns.

Then I dove into the search for a good pattern that would feature this yarn best. I figured that I need something that is neither too tight nor too lacey, so I was looking for something in between. Then I found the free pattern of the "sidewalk" scarf from red heart and a look was enough to make me think: I want to make this.



It's pretty, right?
So here's mine:





I love how the colors look and the pattern shows, I think this was a great match for this yarn. My mom will love it!
If you would like to try it too, you can find the pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment